With what you've got

I suppose a small explanation is in order.  What I am going to do is take a photo(s) a day with my iPhone.  I am not an Applephile by any means, it is just easier to use since I am carrying it everywhere I go…for the most part.  I am curious as to what can be found in a year.  When possible I hope to post a description of the photo.  I am going to try my best and not take photos of the cats sleeping...Photo 1

A word on the title…Do What You Can.  I got it from a quote that is often attributed to Teddy Roosevelt, "Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are."  The quote actually came from Squire Bill Widener whom Roosevelt quoted in his Autobiography.  I am a fan of 'ol Teddy and in fact have a photo of him and John Muir hanging in my bedroom.MuirAndTeddy

No particular reason for choosing it, I just feel that it best represents my undertaking.  Quick trivia: prior to Roosevelt quoting Widener, he wrote, "…the greatest happiness is the happiness that comes as a by-product of striving to do what must be done, even though sorrow is met in the doing."  Kinda like my cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment