March 27, 2012

Tobasco

Need a little spice?  I take warning if an establishment already puts a tabasco bottle on their tables.  To me it is like saying, "my food is bland and sucks, sorry."  I get it from my Army time.  Tiny Tabasco bottles were stuffed in the MREs to help enhance the flavor of a product that was made to last many years...so the food was bland by "nature."  I do like spicy things though and I appreciate the gesture of allowing me to accentuate my food.

A few years ago I decided to challenge myself and eat ten chicken wings made with the hottest pepper known to man at the time.  The sauce was made with the Bhut Jolokia chili pepper also known as the Ghost pepper.  Ghost is right!  All I could say while eating the wings was, "oooooh, oooooh, ooooooooh," which was usually followed by a variety of curse words.

I was able to successfully finish all of the wings, not without sacrificing my stomach lining though.  It was so bad that my server "accidentally" poured a 32oz beer that he gave me for free.  The next few days after that I could not taste anything and my ass burned at the mere thought of anything spicy.  I think I still feel a twinge of regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment