March 14, 2012

Photo23

This is some artwork from someone who has a gallery in a place.  Sorry, I really don't know the artist's name.  I particularly like the hanging fire extinguisher in the lower left; it is perfectly placed for those burning eyeball inducing pieces that sometimes grace the gallery.  I like this one though...

Today we went to the Bar + Bistro in downtown's art district.  The bistro is situated amongst various galleries and studios.  It has a very hipster vibe to the whole place that kinda rubs me the wrong way.  I have been down there before for the First Friday Festivities, but never eaten at the place.  It was our culture outing for the week.

Speaking of culture.  On the drive there my sister in law spoke of a story that I thought was worth sharing.  Apparently, there is this woman that she works with whom she has been receiving e-mails from for some time.  The woman will always start her e-mails with, "Hola," since she is hispanic and she felt that it was appropriate to put a little Spanish flair in her e-mails.  Well, my sister in law read the e-mail as "Holla."  As in, "holla at your boy..."  It took her a few months to realize that the word the woman was using was actually "hola," and she was really not wanting to "holla," at her reference the work related issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment