March 20, 2012

Photdooro

The handle to the garage door.  I took this picture as a reminder to myself, that the door is in fact shut.  This worry usually goes in waves.  I see the door close down in front of me.  Yet when I drive off and around the corner I think, "did I shut the door?"  I know I did; while the door slowly moved down to its final act of closing, I said to myself, "It's shut."  I must look again though!  That is the conundrum that I am faced with.  If I drive off and the door is open, hoodlums and riffraff will steal my belongings.  If I drive back around to check, somehow the great author of my "Choose Your Own Adventure" life surprises me with an unkind day.

Crazy?  In my opinion, no.  I am sure a fair amount of people, in their lifetime, have felt some sort of "ping" to this crazy desire to: see if the door is shut, see if the iron is on, see...crap, the water is running, oh no the back door is unlocked, the candle is burning that was blown out 4 hours ago, and see that the freezer somehow in it's personified form decided to get up and piss all over the living room floor.

OCD? In my opinion, no.  I believe it to be a form of survival.  If said belongings are taken, then damn I am screwed.  As for being blessed with an unkind day; humanity as a whole still struggles for the desires of an omnipotent being.  Some believe that if they miss church, said being will be mad.  There are others that believe that if they do not kill another for the attention of the great one, said being will not let them sex it up rabbit style.  Then others like myself say, if my garage door ain't shut my day is going to be filled with hell and damnation.

I guess I could always purchase one of these to prevent the encroachment of the fires?

No comments:

Post a Comment