March 23, 2012

Caprese salad from Settebello
There are going to be a lot of food photos taken during this endeavor.  Here we have a caprese salad from Settebello, an awesome pizza spot.  I can handle their pizza everyday if I was told to.  Metro Pizza on the other hand can be taken in every now and then.
The wife and I did something that we rarely do and went to see a movie in an actual theater.  She decided that we were going to see The Hunger Games. I have not read the books but I read the wiki.  My wife is a fan and wanted to see the movie as soon as possible so that, I can only assume, she could immediately start discussing it with her friends.  I liked it.  I am a big fan of dystopian films/novels.  Blade Runner, Brazil, Dark City, and I can go on.  I thought there could be more to the film though.  Again, I did not read the books.  My wife associates this with me being a pompous ass.  Which may be true.
The movie did get me thinking about another dystopian science fiction story where children are sent off to fight a war, Ender's Game.  I cannot wait for this movie, and hope that it is a faithful adaptation to the story.  This movie has been "in the making," since the early 80's!  I suppose if I put Ender into the same category as The Hunger Games, I can appreciate the fandom that is associated with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment